Continuing to be on the forefront of payments industry research, Mercator Advisory Group invites you to its latest webinar, where you will be introduced to Tim Sloane, the new VP of Payments Innovation and hear his insights on how new technologies are shaping the industry. Mobile technology is changing how society interacts with each other and its surroundings, which will pick up even more momentum as the Internet of Things becomes a reality.
The webinar will be held Friday, Sept 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. EDT. the webinar will also feature Nikhil Joseph, Analyst, Emerging Technologies Advisory Service.
In this webinar, Mercator will explore how Apple, PayPal, and others fully expect that applications leveraging NFC (Near Field Communication) and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and tokens will impact the way merchants and service providers interact with mobile consumers. Tokenization is crucial to making this happen—global networks are preparing to convert their systems to support tokens in the drive to establish an innovative mobile payments platform that is secure, ubiquitous, and extensible.
Mercator’s expert analysts will explain this token infrastructure and identify how it impacts the existing payments value chain. To drive home how deeply these technologies can change the way consumers shop and buy, Mercator will present a hypothetical future that connects the mobile device, the payments networks, and merchants and service providers to establish an immersive experience for the consumer that leverages the Internet of Things.
• Expanding Apple’s walled garden: how Apple Pay, Passbook and iBeacons will lock consumers in to the ecosystem
• What Apple’s entry into mobile payments means for the payments value chain
• How BLE can help merchants know their customers better in-store and level the playing field with online retailers
• How mobile brings loyalty and payments together
• The EMVCo token specification explained
• Industry implications of Visa & MasterCard creating business units specialized in tokens
• The potential for Payments to organize the Internet of Things
• How Mercator tracks payments innovation to help members avoid disruption & gain market share
Members of Mercator Advisory Group Advisory Services have free access to all Mercator Advisory Group webinars.
Non-members: Webinar access is offered to non-members of Mercator Advisory Group services for $250. After registering for the event, Mercator Advisory Group will contact you to confirm your registration and process payment. We accept all major credit cards.
Media: Members of the press/media interested in participating in the teleconference can contact Brent Watters, Director of Marketing at: firstname.lastname@example.org for media credentials for this online event.