PayPal’s just announced a series of free shipping and discount incentives for holiday shoppers who pay with PayPal at a range of e-commerce merchants. Keeping it in the eBay, of note is its inclusion of incentives for eBay sellers who sign up and BillMeLater in the program.
PayPal is doing what an acquiring brand needs to do to both endear itself with its merchant customers and with consumers. For merchants, it is helping drive volume to their individual stores. And for consumers, it is helping them get a better deal. PayPal sure has grown up!
From now until January 12, 2011, PayPal customers can take advantage of exclusive deals by simply using PayPal at checkout online or on their mobile phones. Specific promotions include:
Offers + Free Shipping
- Barnes & Noble.com will offer 15 percent off on all PayPal purchases, plus free shipping.
- eBags will offer PayPal customers 25 percent off on all purchases.
- eBay select shoppers will receive $10 back from Bill Me Later on their first Bill Me Later purchases, coupled with a six-month “no payments,” so you can shop now and pay later from November 1 – December 31, 2010.
- MacMall will offer exclusive savings on the hottest products of the season.
- Newegg.com will offer PayPal customers exclusive savings on great products.
- UGG® Australia will offer free shipping to PayPal customers.
Read press release