New research from Mercator Advisory Group examines the changing role of today’s bank branches and its effect on branch design
Boston, MA – August 10, 2016 – In a new research note, Branch Design Developments in an Omnichannel World, Mercator Advisory Group reviews the role that omnichannel banking plays in designing and reconfiguring bank branches.
“The universal banker model includes a rethinking of all channels, with branches now increasingly being used for education and advice, with personnel trained to better understand individual banking customer’s goals and needs, and with branch reconfiguration efforts that encourage interaction and engagement,” comments Ed O’Brien, director of Mercator Advisory Group’s Banking Channels Advisory Service and author of the research note.
Highlights of this research note include:
- Proprietary survey data showing the continuing relevance of full service branches to U.S. consumers
- The new and expanded roles of the branch and its personnel in reconfigured branches
- The critical nature of branch reconfiguration for smaller institutions having to do more with less in light of the reduction in the number of their branches
- Design elements utilized by progressive FIs to make their branches more inviting and conducive to customer interaction and engagement with personnel
- Description of services offered by architectural design and construction firms specializing in branch location and design
This research note is 9 pages long and has 4 exhibits.
Members of Mercator Advisory Group Banking Channels Advisory Service have access to this research note as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.
Please visit us online at www.mercatoradvisorygroup.com.
For more information and media inquiries, please call Mercator Advisory Group’s main line: (781) 419-1700, send email to email@example.com.
For free industry news, opinions, research, company information and more visit us at www.PaymentsJournal.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/MercatorAdvisor.
About Mercator Advisory Group
Mercator Advisory Group is the leading, independent research and advisory services firm exclusively focused on the payments and banking industries. We deliver pragmatic and timely research and advice designed to help our clients uncover the most lucrative opportunities to maximize revenue growth and contain costs. Our clients range from the world’s largest payment issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and associations to leading technology providers and investors. Mercator Advisory Group is also the publisher of the online payments and banking news and information portal PaymentsJournal.com.