For decades, the venerable magnetic stripe has served as the technological foundation for card payments in the United States. That’s about to change.
Smart-card payment technology — better known as EMV — is on the way, and the payments industry will not be the same.
Smart cards use a microchip to talk to the point-of-sale (POS) terminal, virtually eliminating counterfeit card fraud. But this new technology will come at a price, and understanding its impact on business is critical to future success.
On Tuesday Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:30 a.m. Eastern, SHAZAM and Mercator Advisory Group host a free webinar, Understanding EMV.
Discussed during this 60-minute webinar will be the topics of:
- What EMV is and how it works
- How EMV benefits you — and how it doesn’t
- When EMV is coming to the U.S.
- What the payment brands will require you to do, and when
- Details on liability shifts — and what they mean for you
- Your cost to implement EMV
- How potential conflicts with the Durbin Amendment could affect what you do
- What you can start doing right now to get ready
Participants will also have a chance to submit questions online.
For Questions? Call SHAZAM Client Support at (800) 537-5427 (options 4,4,3).